Our technology incubator and entrepreneur support organization is looking for a self-motivated leader and well-rounded Assistant Director with experience in economic development, operations and human resources as well as experience working with entrepreneurs. The ideal candidate will be eager to tackle the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization as well as aid in guiding the organization through process improvement and analytics. The Assistant Director will support the Executive Director in the execution of the mission of the organization to help entrepreneurs commercialize innovative technologies. The Assistant Director will be responsible for managing our coaching team and be the front line to client progress tracking.
Top candidates will be skilled in relationship management, collaboration with partners and sponsors, management and human resources. The ability to manage many moving parts is a must. Our Assistant Director will also lead the execution of our metrics and analytics.
· Manage the human resources functions of TechFW and works with all team members
· Manage our coaching team and schedules the monthly coach’s meetings
· Track the progress of clients in our programs and reports on key performance indicators
· Lead our M-Crew program working with our mentors and helps recruit new mentors into the program
· Lead process improvement projects for our operations and programs for entrepreneurs, investors and universities
· Aid in the development and execution of our university partnered events and programs
· Recruit entrepreneurs, investors and mentors into the programs of TechFW
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Specialty Coaches
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work with the Executive Director to establish and implement short and long-range program goals and objectives.
· Manage the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of our mentor program.
· Lead the development and management of our benefit offerings.
· Aids in developing sponsorship and partnership relationships in support of program activities from current sponsors and partners and prospective supporters.
· Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community including regional entrepreneurial and economic development organizations.
· Recruit high quality entrepreneurs into our programs and events
· Recruit accredited investors to the Cowtown Angels program
· Designs and implements relevant reporting systems on marketing performance.
· Prepares, reviews, and distributes official communications, informational materials and other documents for distribution to client companies, sponsors and volunteers.
· Implements technology systems to supporting marketing and communication.
· Drives the strategy for inbound engagement to the organization.
· Research grant opportunities and leads effort in preparing and submitting grant proposals for private foundations, state agencies and federal opportunities.
· Participation in professional organizations. Attends conferences and workshops and serves on committees as requested.
· Coaches clients on sales and marketing.
· Submits TechFW for awards throughout the year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of business skills required to start a new business
· Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of incubator functions and how to support clients of an incubator
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
· Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate volunteers
· At least 4 years of experience in Business Management, Human Resources, Non-Profit Management or similar field
· Strong critical thinking skills
· Ability to lead, direct, coordinate and evaluate diverse work efforts.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s Degree or at least 4 years of experience in Business Management, Human Resources, Non-Profit Management or similar field
· At least 4 years of experience in Business Management, Human Resources, Non-Profit Management or similar field.
· Experience creating process improvement plans and experience leading the execution
· Personal experience as a founder of a small business or a startup employee
· Personal experience in an incubator environment